Hamden landscaper arraigned in Trumbull mall theft

BRIDGEPORT — A Hamden landscaper who held police here at bay for essentially six hours after allegedly robbing a jewelry save in the Trumbull mall at gunpoint become ordered held in lieu of $800,000 bond Monday.

Eddie Lynch, 24, of mix Avenue, confirmed no emotion as he stood in his mobile within the lockup of the Golden Hill highway courthouse viewing his arraignment listening to by means of video.

“He faces extraordinarily critical costs. happily, nobody become severely damage,” Senior Assistant State’s attorney Nicholas Bove spoke of, urging superior courtroom judge Kevin Doyle to set a excessive bond for Lynch.

Lynch’s lawyer, Assistant Public Defender Caroline Gallucci, entreated the choose for leniency, mentioning that Lynch has labored as a landscaper in the Hamden area for roughly 5 years.

“These are serious allegations,” the decide said. “pictures have been fired. the public was put at risk.”

in addition to the bond, the decide ordered Lynch to bear mental health medication. He then persisted the case to Dec. 22.

Lynch is charged with attempted homicide, first-degree robbery, tried assault of a public defense officer, attempted first-degree assault and gun and motor vehicle expenses.

almost immediately after 7 p.m. Friday, Trumbull police were dispatched to the Westfield Mall for an incident at the Zale’s rings store. When officers received there, they discovered the rings save employees huddled collectively within the 7-Eleven round the corner, trying to console a female employee who was crying hysterically.

Police noted witnesses instructed them a person dressed all in black had entered the rings shop and asked to analyze engagement rings. After taking a look at a couple of rings, police spoke of the person told the female employee that he could be lower back together with his female friend.

The female worker had became to reply the cellphone when, police spoke of, the person, later identified as Lynch, pulled out a handgun and smashed it down on a glass case allegedly causing the gun to hearth a shot that narrowly missed the employee.

Police mentioned Lynch then allegedly grabbed some chains off the counter and ran out of the store.

Police tried to block the entrances and exits from the mall parking zone, but they observed Lynch managed to evade the blockades and drove away at high velocity.

They pursued Lynch into Bridgeport the place police stated he crashed into a further automobile on the intersection of Madison Avenue and Anton street.

Lynch’s motor vehicle was disabled by way of the crash, police referred to. He sat in his car in the middle of the intersection, allegedly keeping the gun.

Lynch persisted to sit there, pushing aside police orders to hand over, for virtually six hours except Bridgeport Police Capt. Brian Fitzgerald eventually convinced him to give up, the police file referred to.