NEW LONDON, Conn. (WTNH) — the brand new London group is saddened Sunday through the news that the previous CEO of Zappos handed away following a fire at a house of their nearby.
Tony Hsieh handed away Friday at 46-years-ancient as a result of accidents sustained in an early morning fireplace on Nov. 18 at a home at 500 Pequot Ave. in New London, in line with the associated Press.
linked: Tony Hsieh, former Zappos CEO, dies from injuries following New London fire
New London fire Dept. tweeted the day of the fire that it concerned “stated americans trapped.”
fireplace Chief Thomas Curcio told information 8 they forced entry into the home, found the victim, and commenced CPR earlier than transporting him to the sanatorium. He became later flown to Bridgeport hospital in essential situation.
We spoke with New London’s hearth chief Sunday who referred to they were called to the home on Pequot Ave. within the early hours of Nov. 18
people we spoke with within the local Sunday say they’re saddened by way of the information and expressed their condolences to the family unit.
One lady who did not need to go on digicam talked about, “We noticed the fire vans however didn’t get a sense of where the fireplace become except it turned into across the road. there were a lot of trucks and what not…I’m real sorry that this happened.”
The reason behind the fire has not yet been released. We expect to gain knowledge of extra Monday from New London fireplace officers.
Hsieh became remembered as a visionary and an amazing human being.