Police: Man threatens to shoot everyone in native restaurant

BRIDGEPORT — A metropolis man free on bond on assault charges become in custody Tuesday after police pointed out he allegedly threatened to shoot everybody in a local restaurant.

Antonio Silva, 53, of Sampson road, was charged with first-diploma threatening, 2d-degree breach of peace and criminal trespass.

Silva watched on video from the courthouse basement lockup Tuesday morning as Senior Assistant State’s legal professional Nicholas Bove urged advanced court docket choose Tracy Lee Dayton to set a high bond for Silva because of the nature of the allegations.

“He was threatening to shoot people in a cafe while out on bond,” the judge talked about, ordering Silva held in lieu of $20,000 bond.

She endured the case to Feb. 4 and ordered that Silva undergo intellectual health oversight.

Silva became arrested in August and charged with second-degree assault and breach of peace. He become released after posting a $2,500 bond.

in line with police, almost immediately after eight p.m. Monday, officers have been called to Brasa’s restaurant on Madison Avenue.

The restaurant’s proprietor told officers that a man later recognized as Silva had been appearing inconsistently in the restaurant making different purchasers afraid and had been requested to depart with the aid of group of workers, police spoke of.

throughout a verbal altercation with group of workers members, police referred to Silva allegedly yelled that he became going to “get his gun and shoot everybody in right here.”

When staff members instructed Silva they have been going to call police if he didn’t go away, police referred to he allegedly responded, “Go ahead and call the law enforcement officials, they won’t do (expletive) anyhow. I might be out tonight and come again and destroy the entire windows on the restaurant.”

Police noted Silva grew to become verbally aggressive when confronted with the aid of officers within the restaurant and refused instructions. They spoke of they had been ultimately able to handcuff him after the use of “de-escalation tactics.”

Restaurant employees declined comment.